< Back to Jobs
Location: New York, NY
The Ecommerce Merchandising Assistant will oversee all site merchandising of the Carhartt WIP USA website. This role will report into the Ecommerce Manager and partner with website content, operations & marketing to launch and merchandise product, category, and special feature assortments on the site. Through data-driven analysis, the role will identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across product categories. The Ecommerce Merchandising Assistant will have a detail-oriented approach and develop an understanding of the WIP customer.
- Responsible for day-to-day site merchandising of us.carhartt-wip.com, using data driven insights, and considering inventory flow and stock availability.
- Set up and maintain merchandising campaigns including product pinning, boosting, and burying.
- Optimize and ensure products are properly categorized and assigned product attributes.
- Ensuring PDP accuracy, including imagery, copy, crosslinks, and product recommendations.
- Manage on-site search optimizations; update search terms on an ongoing basis to maximize relevance and conversion.
- Work closely with team to align on product features/assortment, and site landing experience for emails and digital marketing.
- Analyze and interpret data (including category and page performance, web selling, KPI and search term reports, and customer feedback to identify trends in both product and site performance.
- Review and analyze qualitative behavior data including heat maps and session recordings to optimize site merchandising and identify points of customer friction.
- Assist with the end-to-end set up of all products for the site, including confirmation of inventory, images, copy and product tagging.
- Assist with weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting of key performance metrics.
- Assist with A/B testing and QA of site enhancements.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the WIP customer, market, and competitive landscape.
- Monitor site for bugs and partner with internal & external teams to resolve; act as a support during holidays and off hours for site maintenance
Requirements / Qualifications
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in ecommerce merchandising and web-based analytics.
- Experience with content management and web analytics tools; Shopify Plus, Google Analytics & Searchspring experience a plus.
- Experience with HTML, Photoshop, and Hotjar a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of retail math and e-commerce KPIs.
- Passion for the WIP customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Working knowledge of system data flows.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing a plus.
- A strategic critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail & results oriented.
- Ability to manage time, priorities, and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fashion retail experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Will be required to work outside of regular office hours for special releases.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Ecommerce Merchandising Assistant".
Carhartt WIP USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse and talented team. We consider, hire, train, promote, and compensate regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.