Location: New York, NY
The Planner will be responsible for leading the inventory management and sales reporting for three channels of the Carhartt WIP USA business. You will be responsible for Revenue Growth, Profitability and Brand Objectives of our Ecommerce, Retail, and Wholesale businesses. This role will be based in New York and report to both the General Manager and Director of Finance.
- Independently develop, execute, and communicate Merchandise Financial Plans (OTB) and strategies to support company Merchandise, Marketing, and Financial objectives.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to management and cross-functional teams on a weekly basis.
- Manage weekly Merchandise Sales Reporting & Analysis.
- Monitoring sales target, gross margin, and promotional & markdown calendar.
- Lead seasonal buy process for all channels and assure seasonal benchmarks and deadlines are hit.
- Provide budget analysis for individual channels by season and analyze buys for supply chain optimization
- Recommend reorders across all channels on a weekly basis to help achieve sales and business goals
- Manage inventory levels across company through reorders and cross channel transfers
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by channel and category
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in monthly Open to Buy meetings.
- Manage sell through and inventory levels for Ecommerce and brick and mortar stores and manage topline all channel sales by season.
- Manage replenishment buys to support sales performance and forecasting.
- Support SKU reporting by analyzing SKU productivity needs on a biweekly basis.
- Solicit and perform ad-hoc analysis when needed.
- Analyze the business on an on-going basis to understand core drivers; identify opportunities and risks and partner with senior leadership to respond appropriately
- Oversee internal seasonal data entry to ERP to ensure accurate sales and merchandise reporting outputs - including but not limited to inbound deliiveries, receipts, item master data.
- Support wholesale bulk purchasing as well as forecasting for seasonal overcuts.
- Provide support to wholesale ops for planning of core replentishment stock
Requirements / Qualifications
- 2-5 years of planning experience
- Expert level Excel
- Strong retail math skills
- Prior experience managing OTB and working with senior management and cross-functional partners for monthly forecasting.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to multitask and work on multiple projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements: sales, gross margin, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell through, etc. and how to impact them.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a can-do attitude and is resourceful, creative, a problem solver and takes initiative to improve existing and create new processes.
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proficiency in Shopify. RLM a plus.
- Experience working with ERP systems like NetSuite or similar, as well as data analysis.
- Knowledge of customer service metrics, workflows and best practices.
- An analytical mindset - ability to recommend insights from analysis of data to make strategic recommendations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Planner".
Carhartt WIP USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse and talented team. We consider, hire, train, promote, and compensate regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.