Retention Manager | New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
The Retention Manager will establish and lead the retention and CRM analytics strategy for Carhartt WIP USA across email and SMS. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and will be responsible for optimizing conversion, retention, and customer lifetime value. You will have direct experience managing campaigns and QA, automation journey building, and customer segmentation, with a focus on maximizing Carhartt WIP’s relationship with our customers to create opportunities across both ecommerce and retail channels. The role will be based in New York, reporting to the Director of Ecommerce.
- Establish the retention marketing strategy and approach to CRM, including defining KPIs, customer segmentation, automation flows and the customer lifecycle journey.
- Manage the end-to-end process of all email and SMS marketing campaigns with precise attention to detail: build, QA, schedule, deploy and reporting.
- Develop dashboards and reporting methods to provide strategic analysis to understand business impact of retention efforts. Develop LTV insights and actions.
- Evaluate existing buyer experience/journey across digital channels, develop benchmarks, outline and prioritize optimization opportunities.
- Create, execute and maintain an ongoing testing plan to continuously learn & optimize.
- Drive customer segmentation analytics and develop a segmentation strategy with current customer base, implement retention tactics to grow revenue and repeat rate (cross-sell, win-back initiatives, personalization and automations), with focus on quality website traffic.
- Ensure accurate consumer data based on CRM best practices, managing email and SMS list health, growth and engagement.
- Manage retention marketing vendors, and as needed, onboard new third-party partnerships in partnership with Digital team to enhance the end to end CRM marketing process across triggered, transactional and ad-hoc campaigns.
- Generate weekly, monthly and seasonal performance reports on marketing campaigns and tests, providing actionable insights to maximize incrementality and ROI.
- Engage with key internal partners to share CRM learnings, including but not limited to E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience and Retail teams. Support with ad hoc tasks as required.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 3+ years of retention marketing experience across areas including email, CRM, SMS, customer segmentation in a B2C environment required, fashion/retail experience a plus.
- Extensive familiarity working with ESP/CRM/CDP tools required, Shopify+ experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in customer metrics & segmentation, data analysis and test measurement.
- Comfortable leveraging large amounts of data to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimizations
- Proven experience and understanding of email/SMS metrics, KPIs & benchmarks.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics & Google Suite required.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS required, SQL a plus
- Experience with loyalty/rewards programs and push notifications a plus.
- Understanding of data privacy and governance policies and email best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal & external teams to launch campaigns and manage vendor integrations.
- Highly organized and process-driven with a high attention to detail & quality.
- A self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, ability to work well in high-pressure, short-deadline situations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Retention Manager".
Carhartt WIP USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse and talented team. We consider, hire, train, promote, and compensate regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.